You are Invited to:
A Free “Play with Me” Sample Class
For: Children 0-3 years old and Parents/Caregivers –please no more then two children per adult
When: Wednesday August 15, 2012
Time: 7:00-8:00 pm
Where: Smithfield Recreation Center Team Room
Cost: Absolutely Free with no obligation
This fall a new class will be taught at the Smithfield Recreation Center called, “Play with Me.” This fun and exciting music class is specially designed for children ages 0-3 and parents/caregivers. Heather Overly, music therapist, has planned these classes to be enjoyable by you and your child but will also support your child’s development. Some of the skills that we will be learning together through music, dance, movement, and instrument playing are body awareness, balance, coordination, attention span, parent/child bonding, and music appreciation. Come have an enjoyable night trying this sample class. There is no obligation to sign up for the class but we will take registration for the fall classes that night for those interested. See below for more information about the class that will begin in September. To make this more enjoyable for you and your children please only bring children ages 0-3 and up to two children per parent/caregiver. If you have any questions regarding this class please contact Heather Overly at 563-6543.
Play with Me!
Music Classes for Infants and Toddlers ages 0-3
& their Parents/Caregivers
· Developmentally appropriate and FUN music interventions to foster exploration and learning
· Interventions are singing, instrument playing, movement and dance, music listening and rhythm designed to improve child’s body awareness, turn taking, attention span, listening, creativity, and speech.
· Parents will be taught skills and songs that can be used at home to reinforce what is taught in class
· Parent Bonding-these classes are designed to promote parent/caregiver bonding
· Experienced and loving teacher with Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy