Play With Me Music is designed for children 0-6 years old and their Mom, Dad, or other caregivers. Parents can bring more then one child to the class. Children with special needs are more than welcomed to come to the class. I would also encourage individual or group music therapy sessions.
The objective for Play With Me Music classes is for caregivers to have positive musical experiences with their infants and children to encourage bonding. Classes will be full of singing, chanting, movement and dance, playing rhythmic instruments, musical games, listening, and exploring to a variety of music. Music will aid in your infants development of language and literacy, fine and gross motor skills, social-emotional skills, and cognition (thinking). “Music and music experiences also support the formation of important brain connections that are being established over the first three years of life” (Carlton 2000).
Classes are taught in semester groups. Fall, Spring, and Summer Semesters. Each semester teaches new songs. Throughout the year your child will learn numerous songs that he/she will sing and play with during the day. These songs are fun to sing and play with together. Come try one of our classes out today!
Not only does your children benefit from this class but You will also see benefits
1. Having an opportunity to get outside of the home once a week
2. Meet other parents with children with similar ages
3. Have positive interaction with your child will help you feel more positive feeling towards your child
4. Each week a newsletter will be send to your e-mail with encouraging words and constructive ways to use the songs we are learning at home
5. Alleviate stress by having some structure in your day/week